Friday, September 21, 2007

Trouble in River City

A not very nice thing has returned. What a bummer. Last winter I developed a blocked salivery gland. Tiny stones get stuck in the gland and the saliva cannot escape. It's quite painful. I guess I'm just a stone thrower...kidney stones but so far not gallstones. Well the blocked gland has returned. I have a horrible painful jaw from time to time and then it just goes away. Crazy. Not much sleep last night and then I remembered the old home remedia of saltwater rinses. That gave me some relief. Thankgoodness for that. I'll probably call the doc today if this continues. Eating seems to trigger it also so I'm laying low on food for a few days. Nothing wrong about that. I have plenty in storage. I've got to watch that the glands in my neck remain free of infection. Last time they got as hard as little balls. Not good. So...I think I know all the ins and outs of this trouble. Don't worry...JB...I'll go to the doc if I really think I need to. Sounds like something I've heard from the NORTH!

3 comments:

Brother Cassian said...

Well, I hate to admit it, but the advice you have heard from the North, sounds pretty good. So, I will just repeat it from the South. There is no harm in going to the doctor and hearing what (s)he has to say.

Anonymous said...

There is a lithotrypsy unit (I think I spelled it correctly) that they use for kidney stones. Just have them aim higher and stones will disappear in little gravel (smaller stones)
Fantom in TX

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog, but this one is pretty painful to read...ouch. Actually, Melissa and I were just commenting on how we feel closer to you just from reading your blog. We also go from Kimmy's blog to visit Kat's blog and see updated pictures of Andrew. He's a cutie too! These blogs are great. Penny