Saturday, September 29, 2007

Skipped Friday

I skipped a really big event. Bummer. Yesterday, I worked at the desk, went to see Lanny and Ida, home for supper and then made a trip to Sarah Ellen's house to pick up 20 lesos for our church dinner next month. Daddy drove and the drive through what is mostly woods with the sun filtering through the leaves was much enjoyed. Well, I skipped a big one. That was lunch at Doris Douglas' house with a big bunch of church ladies. That was a very bad skip. I just blew it off and forgot the whole thing. Missed good food, good ladies and a change in my routine. What a loss. I'm hemming some of the lesos. A leso is a brightly colored piece of fabric that Kenyan mothers use to carry their babies, carry groceries, carry anything. it's about 4 ft. by 6 ft. We are using them for part of the table covering for the Mamlin dinner. Stores sell the cheap ones with no hems so I'm hemming them. It will make them last a long time. I still seem to own a jaw that is very sore. The important thing is that it doesn't get worse. I think it must feel like having the mumps. I love my hot water bottle in the bed. Today, my goal is to work in the courtyard at church. The weather should be great and I want to make that little gem of a garden better. It needs a fall cleanup. Some things need transplanting that didn't happen this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your jaw isn't getting worse, but praying it will be better very soon. Have you ever tried a rice sock. You buy a man's white tube sock and put rice in it, then tie the end. Just put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and it stays warm for a very long time and conforms to wherever you put it. We love ours.
You guessed right...Kimmy was on the left and Vikki on the right. I guess you know that daughter-in-law of yours pretty well. God Bless! Penny