Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday's Second Try

What a bummer...I wrote and wrote and now...once again this is the second attempt. Yesterday was a furry of activity. Since the car was not finished, Doug drove me to church for a morning of visual arts work with Patty. Goodness...life looks a whole lot different at the top of a 12 ft. ladder. We hung Kenyan fabrics everywhere and it really looks festive for the next six weeks. At noon Patty and I headed out to a wholesale house where we purchased greens to use at Advent and a huge amount of bearded wheat that we will use in November. Then it was home via Patty and since the car was finished I walked to the Honda shop, about a three mile walk in the hot sun. Wasn't as bad as I had thought. Then on to see Ida and Lanny. Ida wanted to shop at the dollar store so into the car we went and shopping we did. That means...look a lot and don't buy much. I finally got home at 5 just beat. Went to S and S to eat and I said I prefer to eat lying down! After we ate it was on to Ellen Sayles, Ida and Lanny's daughter and five of us had a evening of talking about the progress made and how we might support Ellen and her parents. Woo...My head hit the pillow at 10:00 and I don't remember a thing until the alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. My hand continues to look like it's healing. I'm working at the desk at church today. This afternoon is watering time and tonight will be handbells. Oh...the retirement years! What a joke. LR

1 comment:

Brother Cassian said...

I think the retirement years for you mean variety of jobs, not fewer hours of work . . .