Saturday, September 1, 2007
Bushed in Carmel
I've been the washer woman today. I washed 18 black cassocks and checked all hems, some were in terrible shape, recorded sizes and then did the same for 18 surpluses. Goodness I'm glad this happens only once a year or for some robes not at all. And I'm glad I'm not part of the monks house. Yes...Bro. C. yours are white. New choir members will have something to wear. That is probably after I do a bit of heming to make them all fit. Ida got her fingernail polish today. She was really more out of it than I have seen her for a while. I think she was very tired which makes short term memory worse. Tomorrow morning will be filled with to do stuff. Choir robes back on hangers...coffee to make...Doug's job and pastries spread out, creamed cheese in bowls and juices available. We are short two workers so this will really be a busy morning. I'm bushed and will be sitting on a chair tonight. Took a nap already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, our robes are various shades of white. It does not matter too much with the professed, who wear black scapulars with their robes. But we novices wear white on white. I have two robes and two scapulars. The set I am wearing this week is the one that I describe as my yellow-white robe with my blue-white scapular. The other set is closer to a match.
Br. Gabriel does laundry for us: Saturday morning I have to have my habit ready for him to wash.
Post a Comment