I've been thinking long and hard about how my life has spun on since I left the classroom. Here are some thoughts. Most obvious differences...a retirement salary, less homework, fewer children hours, much more time spent with adults, able to have just a bit more control over what I do. Similarility to the past way of life....still up early...busy, busy days and evenings chuck full of meaningful work. The last thing is probably the most important.
Yesterday was another block buster. I'll let you use your imagination. It's the same old same old as JB would say. Handbells went well even though I still have a hand full of blisters. I think I probably use my fingers more than the center part of the hand. Blisters look very healthy. Yahoo. Soup kitchen today. I always spend time Wed. afternoon with preparation for Thurs. That's a teaching habit that serves me well. It makes it a whole lot easier to get up on Thursday. Cans have been washed and ready to open, bags are counted, bread is sorted and pastries are ready to prepare for the bags, completely empty freezer now has some deserts ready for a rainy day. It's like money in the bank. Choir tonight. I love Wed. and Thursday evenings.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you are as busy now as you were before you retired...Such great things you are doing for the Lord and His people though. It is just wonderful. Penny
Post a Comment