Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wednesday...almost done

This morning I worked at the front desk answering questions and talking on the phone. Wed. is Shepherd Center day and there is a steady stream of people going left and right. Michael O'neill called on the phone with a question and I asked about his wife Megan who is in medical school and in Kenya working at the Moi Hospital in Eldoret in IU's Medical Exchange program. Well, she is fine and has a blog that you all should read. It's bless-the-rain.blogspot.com It's a wonderful account of life in Kenya as we saw it and she is experiencing. She has some great mud stories that we didn't have because we were there in the dry season. Some things are good, some very sad. She has another three weeks of study. Michael and Megan both sing in our church choir and both ring handbells. Speaking of Handbells. Tonight is our first rehersal. All of our bell positions have been moved. This should be interesting to say the least. It's the best way to advance in technique but it's a #$%^ of a thing to get use to. I've rung in 3 places and this should be the 4th. Problem is that now instead of ringing 4 bells it will be 4 in hand which means responsibility for 8 bells. But only 2 in each hand at a time. Now some of you are confused for sure. I fixed 2 dishes for the choir pitch in tomorrow night. I've got to figure out how to watch the Colts game and sing. I think practice will be short! It's very warm. I think 94 degrees today. Will summer ever be over?

4 comments:

Brother Cassian said...

OK -- two in each hand. I get it. And you ring only one at a time. Do you ever get to ring two at a time? Can you ring all possible pairs? (Both in the left, both in the right, one in the left with one in the right, then the other in the left with the one in the right, then the other in the left with the other in the right, then the one in the left with the other in the right . . .)

I still keep up with the other Kenya blog (whose name I currently cannot call to mind) and I will check out the new one.

Brother Cassian said...

I could not get a blog with that address.

Anonymous said...

bless-the-rains.blogspot.com

Did I leave the s off of rains?

It needs one.

Anonymous said...

bless-the-rains.blogspot.com

Did I leave the s off of rains?

It needs one.