Monday, September 10, 2007
Monday Morning
This morning my eyes are itching. Guess the count is up! It's starting to get light and the temp is wonderful and should stay that way all day! Yahoo. Yesterday was church Lots of people came to the hospitality hour and once again Panara came through in fine shape and Doug's coffee was the best. The community room was buzzing all morning. What's just what we want. Lots of visitors arrived early for the second service and came on in to enjoy each others company. Football and sleeping took care of the rest of the day. I just couldn't stay awake as hard as I tried. Maybe sleeping is what Sun. afternoons are for when you get OLD! Seems my parents did that. I 'm planning to work with Green Space folks this morning. That's a gardening group I belong to. We are creating a fern walk in our newest Carmel park. We will be spending about $30,000.00 cleaning out a woods full of invasive bushes and planting a woodland garden red bud walk and now the fern walk. This project started last year. It should be a beautiful garden when all the plants are settled in and all the invasive stuff is gone. Gardeners are control freaks and very protective of what we identify as "good" plants. That means they don't push out other plants but get along with all plants. I've spent the summer killing out a self seeder what has roots that invade everything. If left alone that's all I would have. UCK! Roundup is my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to hear things haven't changed much since we were young. That is sleeping on sundays... if thats the definition of OLD than you've been OLD for a very long time... ever since I was very young.
Your youngest son
Jared
Post a Comment