I loved today. Well, most of it. 9:00 and I was on my way to the park to work on the fern walk.
We had one area to clear in the woods and a few more areas to till. So...I went to clear the area. A whole lot of wood had been tossed into the area and grape vines were everywhere. Sue...the leader came along and said that she had sprayed a whole bunch of ivy which she said wasnt the poison type which at this point was dead . So...the loppers, shovels and clippers got busy and we started to haul out a whole bunch of dead wood. Leaves we threw back into the woods area. We saved some of the logs to line the path. About an hr. later...Patty Chester came along and told me that the ivy was really poison ivy. I believed her. Yikes! I'm horribly allergic to poison ivy having gone to the doctor and skin specialist this summer more than once over a months time. So...I headed right out of there and into the shower using special soap and scrubbing for at least 10 minutes. Well, the woods visit was great. The woodland garden has done quite well and on the next visit I'll just sit on a bench and listen for the birds. We had a lot of great help. Gardeners are great people to be with. I made a 10 minute stop at church. That's a new record and then this afternoon I watched the hearings on the war. Monday night football is on! Got to run as Payton Manning says...This time it's the Bengals and Ravens. I need a bowl of popcorn.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hopefully you wont break out big time with the posion ivy..
Your oldest son Eric
Post a Comment