Yesterday was a gray rainy day. Perfect for sewing stuff. I finished the banner for the west entrance at church and hung it this morning. Just in time for Advent! I also filled the stocking order from Kimmy for Adam and Jacob. That was tons of fun. Any more projects, Kimmy? I have them ready to mail tomorrow. Doug and I did the Panera run and had a whole bunch of pastries for church this morning. The first Sunday of Advent is always so much fun with just an added touch of energy spilling out everywhere at church. The 40th annual party for Special Adults was held last night. That's an event that brings about 200 mentally challenged folks to church for food, dancing, santa, gifts and more. There is never a problem to get our church folks to work at this event. If there are 200 guests, it takes at least 150 church folks.
Tonight is our annual Advent Festival for church folks. That involves a huge pitch-in along with 5 different mission projects in various parts of the church. And...the morning church service reflected the season of Advent and it's 4 Sundays of waiting for the birth with advent candle lighting, good music and sermon. Our decorating efforts through out the church lastTuesday is the icing on the cake. Sat. our youth baked cookies to sell that funds their program during the coming year.
It's something like 10,000 cookies. They do this at a school and the organization of this effort is just tremendous. And...most people went home with boxes of cookies. So lots of energy went into this Sunday. And...then the Colts won! I always try to watch Eli Manning and the Giants and they won their game in the last two minutes.
The sore neck is still hanging around so I didn't sing and will continue to think about what I can do to get it to calm down. I have a dentist appointment next week and I'm beginning to think that changing that would be a good idea. I just don't want to risk stirring things up more than necessary. I haven't passed the 4 weeks since surgery so I'm feeling that this probably is a normal recovery.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you for the stockings. I'll be watching the mail.
Post a Comment