Monday, December 10, 2007

Patience

That's what I need. Singing a Christmas songs just pulls out the hotwater bottle for a very sore neck. Yup...I know...Christmas will come next year and all will be well by then. I'm learning that the neck area is a very complicated place in my body.

The preacher talked about silence and singing calls for silence this year. That's so unusual for me having sung in a choir since highschool. Humm. That's 53 years. I guess one Christmas in silence won't hurt although it does hurt in a different way. Church service was especially well crafted yesterday. Great sermon engaging the mind, youth and adult handbells...(adults is me!) great hospitality time with the hospitality room stuff full of anything but silence, wonderful Advent, Christmas hymns, super unbelievable organ postlude with the WHOLE congregation seated listening to end the worship hour. That's a tradition started about 3 years ago and this Sunday's worshipers were most attentive to that special closing time. Oops...a baptism and the liturgy that goes with the lighting of the Advent Candles. See what I mean!

Then...I watched three well really five...clicking back and forth...football games. And...the Colts came through again. It was a very lively game to watch although I need to admit that I missed most of the second part. Sleep took over having started the day at 5:45. It's always an early call for church but this was really unusual because of a bell practice called at 7:00. Uck. But necessary.

Today I want to wrap gifts and do a bit of shopping. Almost finished. I love to think of the excitement that family brings on Christmas morning. Yahoo. That also comes after another short night after mid-night service. Oh, well...who needs sleep? That can happen later in the day.

1 comment:

Brother Cassian said...

Sorry about the continued neck problems . . . it truly making a Lent out of your Advent. It is clear that you are looking forward with great hope and expectation to singing again -- so, maybe it is writing ADVENT in big letters, too. Christmas WILL come.