Monday, December 17, 2007
monday evening.
Eventful day. I went to Dr. McSoley (ENT) for a discharge. He wondered how my neck was and I told him that I wished it was better. Well, the short story is that head and neck surgeries take a LONGGGGG time to settle down because of blood flow to that area is rich, and that part of your body is never still, such as swollowing, tongue movement, jaw flexing, saliva glands working etc, etc. so healing takes a long time unlike a leg wound that is in a quieter area. He did suggest a cortisone shot to break up scar tissue and promote healing at a faster rate. I thought about it for a minute or so and then said...go ahead. My first choice was to tough it out but then better sense said...go ahead. It was two sticking hot shots in the neck. I thanked him after it was over for taking care of me and he said thanks doesn't often happen after a shot in the neck. I am deeply indebted to doctors that get me out of trouble. I'm so glad I was not born in the 1800's. What a bummer. Come to think of it...I'd probably be dead by now. I took two little girl outfits that I sewed to my friend Nancy Jo in the church office for her great granddaughter. Ruffles are so much fun. Attended Greenspace tonight and saw raptors and owls. It was a good program. Now Monday night football. Yup...another game to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know how you feel. I just found out the same thing about my back. I guess lower backs take longer to heal too since we're always bending and stuff. So I've been dealing with some pain around the incision still, and after a couple months it isn't quite healed yet. Hang in there though. I'm sure we'll both be back to our normal selves in no time.
Oops, I forgot to sign my name. That last comment was from me, Melissa.
Post a Comment