Friday, December 14, 2007

TGIF

That's the truth. Friday's on the desk at church are usually a bore. Well, today that was far from the case. It was a #$%^#@ Day. Wow...other people in the office couldn't believe the day. The phone rang...Childcare workers came in to get their checks...People were looking for all kinds of help related to money. Usually the staff has the day off but they came in so...made coffee for everyone along with hot chocolate. Shepherd people did a concert for a nursing home. Bulletins needed to be printed...Happenings needed to be put in baskets...I enlarged some music for me for Christmas Eve service, fixed the flowers for the altar and picked up 4 red carnations for 4 new babies. I can't relate it all but it was not a boring day. I must report that I sang at choir rehersal and NO sore neck! Wow...wow! That's something for all to celebrate. This evening I went to Meijer to grocery shop. Haven't done that in a long time. Of course the store was stuffed. It seems that the weather man is saying that we could have up to 12 inches of snow by Sunday. Now isn't that a shocker for Indy. Two guys shopping at Meijers had two shovels in the cart and they were heading out to the beer aisle. Made me laugh. I filled the gas tank, stopped for some fabric to make something, groceries are on the shelf and we are all set! The snow is to start tomorrow morning but the predicition is that it will really get going by Sat. night. I'm wondering if we will have church. Remember Michigan kids...this is Indy. If we get 12 inches...we are stuck for a few days. This should be fun. We just might skip the Panara Run. Remains to be seen. Pacers are on and I've got to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 inches would even put us Michiganders up for a day or so... We're suppose to get 3 to 6inches with the same storm...all depends on how the storm tracks, at least that's what the weathermen are saying. if it tracks more to the south we'll get 1-3 inches...more to the north and we're in the 6 inch range. Have fun with the 12 inches.

Jared

Brother Cassian said...

It's getting COLD in Georgia --maybe down to freezing at night!!!! Brrrrr!!!!

No snow in our forecast. 12 inches of snow would shut Georgia down for the year.

No rain forecast either. We have been getting these occasional wimpy showers that moisten the ground.