Thursday, December 13, 2007
Bushed in Carmel
Today is soup kitchen day. Lots of work but lots of help. We served about 50 folks who also took soup home. We had a winning combination. The additional bit of work was the delivery of food from McFarlings for the next month of Bread and Bowl. It amounted to about 1200.00 dollars. Lots of work putting food on the shelves where our cooks can find it. But Thomas and Marilyn and I got the job done. It's an energy sucker tearing all the boxes down as well. I had one solid nap already and it's only 2:10. So...this afternoon I'm not asking much of myself. I need to return something I bought for Eric and I did have some boxes saved at church for gifts but forgot them. They probably will get pitched. That's life. Yesterday 13 soup kitchen workers celebrated Doris Douglas 88 birthday. We had a blast and I had such yummy corn soup and fresh grilled salmon. It was delicious. It was a very special day. Bell practice was very good. I think we'll be OK on December 23rd. Tonight is choir practice and I'm going just to see how the music comes out of my mouth. So...it's another cloudy day in Carmel, not to cold and a little bit damp. Doesn't look or feel like Christmas. We escaped the ice that so many people got. I remember a huge ice storm just a few years ago. The worst was the cold house and cold food that just seemed to go on and on. Oh, yes...the noise of the chain saws everywhere taking care of broken down trees and power lines. Wasn't fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment