Monday, October 29, 2007

Go, Go, Go, COLTS!

Now just weren't they awesome! So steady. Just like Dungy! They are such fun to watch. This next Sun. should be really, really interesting with hard hearted N. E. I think the disposition of these two teams are as opposite as one can be. Ours is a great team problem solvers for one thing.
Church again yesterday. It was an early morning again with Hospitality time set up and handbell rehearsal. We arrived at church at 7 am. That's EARLY but necessary. Handbells rehearsed at 7:30 and the prelude started at 8:20. Handbells played...Womens choir sang, Catherdal singers sang, talented organist played and great sermon on including all, once again. Our church budget for next year is 1.4 million and last Sunday's pledges brought in 1.2. Great start toward collecting the remainder. People have a super committment to North's programs. We're not there yet but closing in on the target amount.
Today, I'm taking it easy. Tomorrow Patty and I are working at church on visual arts. All Saints Sunday is next Sunday and there will be lots of white hangings with candles for those members who died this past year joining other saints not with us. Kimmy, I'll remember your wonderful grandmother at that service. She is living with the sainted ones in glory as the song goes. I love the church calendar year that comes and goes and then repeats it's self over and over with rich memories. It's a never ending calendar. All of our Kenya reminders will be taken down but not forgotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for remembering my mom and Kimmy's grandma. I appreciate it too. You are a wonderful lady.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for remembering Grandma. I enjoy reading your blog. See ya in Nov!