Friday, October 12, 2007

Been a While

And not because I've been sitting on my tush. The thought has occurred that I was not as busy when I was busy at school. It's out of control at some points. Got to work on balence.
The big push this week is getting ready for the Sunday Mamlin Dinner. That means a whole bunch of stuff like all the centerpieces for 27 tables. I'm almost there and that's made me busy. 27 grass and live forever arrangements, 27 pictures to put in frames, at least 35 gourds washed, stained, sealed and waxed. They are beautiful. Lots of Kenyan fabrics washed and ironed that will be used for a whole lot of things. Such a good feeling to know that I'm ahead of schedule. Sem and Joe missed their flight to Indy this morning so they will arrive this afternoon. Patty H. and I are getting transportation to Joe at the airport. I'll finish up the arrangements later today, I hope or tomorrow morning. Tomorrow evening Mary Jo Stinette and I are going to the Kenya Gala down town. It probably will be the first and last one I'll go to. The food sounds wonderful. Then Sunday is the big dinner here at church. Set up is Sat. night with 12 people getting the dinner together following the fund raiser called Designer's Closet with great used and new clothing that raises big money for Colburn Place, a renivated school down the street for battered women and children. Families can live there for 2 years until they get back on their feet. The clothing selection are ones that professional women would wear as well as lots of fancy things. The attendance has been wonderful. It's a three day sale that usually results in over $20,000.00 being raised. I bought my winter coat there two years ago. I thought I would go to see the Mi. kids but life is to hectic and that's when accidents happen. I'm staying home and being safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and will now be your biggest fan! Sure wish I was there to help with everything. Give my love to everyone - esp. Patty, SE & Joe!!