Friday, October 26, 2007
Friday Night
Thursday was one of those more than full day. Left for the soup kitchen at 7am. Made a whole lot of soup. It's the last Thursday of the month and I know it will be needed. Also chopped lettuse and got the pastries ready to serve up. I heard later in the day that every drop of soup was eaten along with everything else we fixed. We usually are open from 11 to 12 but ran out of food. We probably fed 70 people with take home food as well. Then...I left at 9 am and spent the morning and most of the afternoon with Sarah Ellen, shopping, shopping. She always has a huge well organized list and she tells me what it is and then I try to drive to the stores in a logical sequence. Wooo...did we HIT the stores. I can't tell you how many but we got most of what she had listed. I got home at 4 and sat down and fell asleep! Up again for farmers market at church. It was the last one of the year. The vendors were invited into church for a pizza party and I made coffee and sat and visited with them during the supper hour. Then off to choir practice. Today was a very quiet peaceful day at church working the front desk. Not many phone calls and no staff was in. I did more shopping by myself for SEM...took it to her house and that was about it for the day. Had yummy bacon, lettuse and tomatoe sandwiches for supper. Probably the last tomatoes from the garden. Tomorrow not much planned but will do shopping for hospitality and collect from Panera bread and probably do some setting up for Sunday at church. We really are short of Hospitality workers. One person is in the hospital, another two are gone and I have early bell practice for church. We'll be jumping through some hoops to get all of the work accomplished Sunday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad that you had a peaceful day at the front desk to counterbalance all your activity.
How many miles a week does your little car travel, Lela? And so much of it is between your home and church!
Post a Comment