Friday, February 3, 2017

Yup...it's Friday

Today was one of those unplanned days.  The plan in the past...Grandsons...but their other grandmother needed some help by the same grandsons related to her knee surgery...So...they did not come for the day...Hummm...what to do for the day?  So...a few months ago...maybe a year or two or three, Doug and I worked together to photograph all of the banners at church...The pictures went into a book...And then the sect. at church wanted them on her computer to use in various ways.  Well, something happened between those two events...Doug played with the banner pictures and they disappeared or something like that.  Grrrr...so today we once again started taking pictures...There are more than 100 banners.  We started with no.1 which is the beginning of the church year and we are up to Easter...Humm...not far enough but much farther then when we started.  Picture taking means the banners need to be taken from the closet...carried up the stairs and then hung from the pulpit.  Not an easy feat.  But...I've been thinking about this for probably 5 months.  Bushed in Carmel...that's what I am after about 2 1/2 hrs of work of up and down the stairs...up on a chair...arms up holding banners and more..  We ate lunch at Steak and Shake.  I hope we can finish this job Monday.  Once done!  The chip is going directly to Laura who will use them in church bulletins/ pamphlets etc.  No messing...Mr. Russell.  I brought two banners home to do some repair/reconstruction work.  With use over the years...a needle somewhere is to be expected.  So...that was the unplanned day...It was filled with a plan.  Another huge banner project is to sew an identification number to the back of the banner...They also have been pinned on for way to long.  Always something.  Were are those leisurely retirement years.  Haven't seen any yet.

No comments: