Sunday, September 5, 2010

This time Sunday

It's Labor Day weekend. The weather is cool and clear and dry. Dry is the big word. The lawns are burned brown but the air is wonderful. Yesterday was the Kenya Carnival at Sec. Presb. What a day of fresh young energy working toward providing 100 high school students in western Kenya with tuition money for school. The goal to raise 32,000.00 dollars was realized because church youth groups chose to work during the year as well at the carnival toward their goal. And the larger church family in ten churches in central Indiana pitched in as well. The larger church family is a coalition of faiths, protestant, catholic, jewish congregations as well as a huge muslim congregation whos youth raised $10,000.

The slogan is Ken-ya help us...the answer is Yes, you can. And they did. It was a busy day. Today the choir was back in great form. Church was good. I'm continuing to march toward Thursday. My good church friend Dr. Tom...the orthopedic bone man really got me more ready to go. Looking forward to a nerve block...they are wonderful but they always could last longer. He thinks drugs will not be a big part of the treatment. That's a big whopp for me! We'll see. I made a trip to the fabric store to get material to do a few little things while on the fritz. A stack of books are ready to go and I'm doing a bit of clean up in the garden. I figure I might just wear out this knee completely. I'm loving my cane...can't do without it.

No comments: