Old knee out and new knee in...One more sleep. I've got to make a bunch of calls back to hospital people I missed yesterday. Questions to answer. Yesterday was a busy, busy day. Shopped at Meijers for Sunday Hospitality. Then off to church to stock the refrigerator and order missing items for Bread and Bowl which will be delivered today. Then to the fabric store. Judy W. gave me a big stash of fabric from S. Africa. Most of it is printed fabric ready to make placemats. We will sell them at an Oct. meeting at St. Lukes. That is after I finish all of them. Then out to lunch with the Muldoons bunch of retired teachers. Friends, friends for ever. Then I went to Mamlins to wait for a TV man to install Cable for Colts games this fall. We're getting ready for SEM and Joe to make their Oct. visit. I got home a little after 5 and then to S and Shake to tired to eat very much. But...I got everything finished as planned. Yahoo. This morning I'm working the front desk at church, making call backs to all those hospital folks and packing my bag this afternoon. I'm taking knitting making little hats for newborn babies in Kenya, good books and trash books and out of the bed cloths. Rehab...here I come. This should be one interesting experience.
First grandson Jacob hit the floor running with his backpack and off to kindergarten for the first day yesterday. He rode the bus both ways. What a grown up kid is appearing in Kimmy's blog pictures. Kimmy says...these first 5 years have flown. I would agree big time. Many, many wishes for success go to Jacob. What an exciting time for all of us.
The weather is still horrible. No rain and the outside world has dried up. Nothing much worse than dried up flowerbeds, grass and rain that just doesn't come and wash the air. I usually do a bunch of patio sitting this time of year but that's a bummer as well. I shouldn't complain thinking about the area southeast of Kenya that hasn't received rain in two years. That thought should tell me that I'm blessed.
If you need a good book to read...try Pheonix Affirmation by Eric Elnes. Makes me think that someone thinks like I do about world religions and a lot of other things. .
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment