Monday, August 30, 2010

good morning

Woo...monday. Hot once again in Carmel. I'm ready for cooler longer.

Moving right along to knee day. At this point time can't pass to quickly. Having a bum knee is a bummer. I'm still able to do most of what I usually do but it's just done a bit slower with my trusty cane. Can't take any more pain killers because of surgery coming. The garden is so dry and I refuse to pull a hose around at this point. I pulled a few zinnia which were dead. The rest of the flower beds look pretty bad at this point. We have many butterfly bushes that came up volunteer and the butterfly population flying around is impressive on any given day. Doug has some impressive pictures.

I swept the patio yesterday which hadn't happened for at least two months. Looks better. We had a new garage door installed last week and new doors for the house will go in on Tuesday. The winter should be warmer for sure. I've been doing a bit of hand sewing having fun with a new something for the little kids Christmas. I'm following two new blogs written by North people who are in Kenya, one a doctor who will be there for two months and the other...two highschool girls who will be there for three months. It's the next best thing to being there.

It's time for the paper to be here so it's hippy hop to the mailbox and then a cup of coffee.

No comments: