Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday

Well, what comes along I'm doing. And I have had a blast with putting together 9 different animals that will be a part of the Christmas Eve program. Janet has chosen a wonderful Am. Indian story for the 5 pm service. I've taken hats and turned them into animals. And they make me laugh when I see them all lined up on the ironing board. Well, 6 are totally done and I'm working on the buffalo. Then the mouse and turtle remain and I know what I'm doing for those. Already finished are the eagle, fox, snow goose, hooping crane, bear and the beaver. The beaver is my favorite one. It has a huge floppy tale with wiskers and two beaver teeth. It's really been a fun project. I'm working way ahead of schedule. I've gotten great materials from Hoppy Lobby and the fingers and brain have been flying. I think I'll be sad to be finished. I'm keeping the costumes simple with just a hat to depict the animal. I'm working at the church desk this morning. Tomorrow is soup kitchen and I'll prepare for that this afternoon before leaving church. Tonight is handbells and once again I'm staying home to take care of the shoulder which is really doing great. Just no pushing, pulling and lifting and lots of PT.
Thank goodness, body parts are still healing and being put back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of a hooping crane but TX does have an endangered species known as a whooping crane. You must be thinking of spelling the crane with a silent "w" as a silent "p" in pneumonia. They (whooping cranes) taste just like Bald Eagle.
Dust Bunny