Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday

It really is Tuesday. Keeping busy as usual. I've started another banner for the pulpit. This one will be used at funerals. Kevin keeps asking for an appropriate white funeral banner. We don't have one. So...this one is white with a gold alpha and omega covered with sequins. This part is 20 inches long and 16 inches wide and I'm in the sequin mode. Sewing them on just takes a bundle of time but it's worth it.

Yesterday Doris and I went shopping. She talked so much about my Kazuri necklace that I bought in Nirobi. Well, there is a bead shop in Carmel that just has begun carrying these beads. So...I took her to the shop and she bought a necklace among other things. We now can dress alike which we will do for the opera next Sunday. We are wearing black which really shows off these beautiful necklaces. Doris had such a good time picking out the beads she wanted and said we have to do this again. A few years ago someone stole all her jewelry so she is relishing the purchases. This morning it's off to church to get North Notes in the mail. We will be busy with lots of work and lots of talk. Tomorrow its working at the front desk in the morning, preparation for soup kitchen in the afternoon and bells in the evening. Thurs. soup kitchen morning and choir in the evening. And inbetween it's banner time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how's teh shoulder?

Jared