Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday

Shoulder continues to improve. Busy, busy on Sunday morning with Hospitality Hrs. Great crowd of people visiting before S. School classes with some continuing to visit with friends during that hr. Watched the Colts when I wasn't sleeping. What a comeback. Wow...last minute of the game said it all. Way to many hurt players. Yesterday I needed to take some pictures to Ellen who is on her way to Kenya this week with the UMOJA project. I knew something was wrong before I got the car out of the garage...FLAT tire. AAA came and got me on the road again. That tire took up time that I wasn't expecting but I got my driving jobs finished in good time to get the refreshment stuff to Greenspace meeting early. Our organization was recognized at the Carmel City Council for tree planting work. Our organization along with the City Parks Dept. have planted over 40,000 trees in the last 15 years in Carmel. Arbor Day Celebration Week gets the whole community involved with planting. The scouting groups really get the job done.
Not much going on today but late afternoon and evening I will be at a huge dinner downtown at the Marriott that will be honoring the IU Kenya Partnership given by the International Center of Indianapolis. I am also working at the Imani table selling items made at the Imani workshop in Eldoret. That should be lots of fun. It's jewelry, purses, cards made with paper and some clay products. That's it for the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is AAA spelled Doug? Ha Ha Ha
I did not know that alcoholics had added the 3rd A to their association. That is form a real old story about belonging to AAA and I told them I did not drink that much. Ha HA again
Fantom

Anonymous said...

Rick...Triple A road service is AAA. Three of them! Doug and tires?...Heck no. In fact the truck had a slow leak in the tire that Doug spotted and he had two nails taken out of his tire yesterday. I had only one.

The Daddy said...

was that tire the front passenger side tire?? It looked a little low on Sunday at church

Anonymous said...

Nope...it was the front driver side.