Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sat Morning

Busy...I'm lovin' that. Yesterday, I met Kat at church to finish getting the nursery ready for Sunday after a huge remodeling job in that room. Kat now is childcare director at church and she has had a lot of work and a lot of fun decorating the nursery. It looks like a 2008 room, thank goodness. It's now called the Eden room since the theme is Creation. The walls are covered with painted murals of animals, stars, moon and a verse from Gen. painted by one of Kat's friends who also painted Andrew's bedroom. There are three new rockers, a rolling screen, fresh tile and area rugs and wonderful toys for crawling children. It's a wonderful, fresh space for new babies. I washed a few toys and furniture, opened new toys, pushed a bit of furniture around and helped with whatever Kat needed. Sunday is openhouse in that room. I need to get some balloons to give it a festive look. Andrew was a hoot. What a busy little guy that chatteres up a storm with more recognizable words understood by his grandma. Kat is much better at that. For me...Andrew is a repeat of Eric in talking. It's just like sunshine when he walks, runs and plays.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the fabric shop and found some fabric filled with lions, tigers (no bears) etc. to cover pads that will be used on another glider in the Noah's Ark room. I had to make the pads with removable covers for washing and I'll take them to church this morning. I love my sewing machine!!!!!! It's 40 years old and just keeps on sewing.

I have another sewing job coming for church. There will be a children's play at the first service on Christmas Eve with lots of animals in the cast. I need to figure out some costumes for that service. I have some ideas already but have heard that it's an unusual cast of animals. Needs to be simple and it might just include something on hats with a vest to compliment the animal. It's KISS...Keep it simple stupid.

Today is the Kenya Carnival at Second Presbyterian Church. That will keep me busy for most of the day. I'm helping to set up, stay a little bit and then head home. Need to still baby the shoulder and shut my eyes for a bit this afternoon. Still get worn out but the good news is that I have an acceptable reason to be tired. I'll go with that. Arm is in a sling when I go out which is helpful. PT is going fine. It's amazing how I can stretch those muscles to make the arm work with all the PT moves. Just amazing.

No comments: