Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday night

Way, way to busy this week. Some weeks are like that. Tuesday night I went to a huge IU-Kenya recognition dinner at the Marriot downtown as the guest of Phyllis and Steve West. It sure was a fancy event. I worked at the Imani table selling items made by HIV people in Eldoret. That was fun but the evening was very, very long. Wed. I worked at the desk at church and got ready for the soup kitchen. Off to Nobelsville to take my sewing machine to Mr. Arbuckle...the best sewing machine fixer in the west. There is a problem with the bobbin winder. It's the second trip to the Mr. Arbuckle's shop in 40 years. I completely forgot to go to a big food festival sponsored by MCFarlings, the company I order soup kitchen food from. That was something I really wanted to go to. Thursday was soup kitchen and out to lunch with my three good retired teacher friends. Farmers Mkt. at church with choir practice followed. Today I mailed a package to my friend Nancy, got groceries and went to a Pops Concert downtown at the circle with my friend Doris D. This afternoon I went to three antique stores trying to find a place that will sell some lights that were taken down from the nursery at church. They are great antiques but haven't found a buyer yet. So...tonight my wad of energy is at its low point. I also cut back some hostas that were looking really horrible. Fall flower gardens don't always look their best. Shoulder is doing fine. I have a doc. appointment next Wed. and I should hear wonderful things from the doc. Off to bed soon.

No comments: