Thursday is always an interesting day. Up early and out the door by 8:00. I pick up an 80 year old man on the way to Bread and Bowl. Yup...it's a pick up! Soup making etc. starts at 8:30 with Sam and others as they arrive during the morning. We serve soup, a lettuse salad, hot toasted and buttered bread and pastries donated by Kroger. Some days we also have loaves of bread. Yesterday was the 30th. (Kimmy and Jared's 4th Wedd Anniversary) S. S Checks, income disability money is long gone and our numbers really swell as the month comes to an end. The soup pot was filled to the top...approx. 30 gal. and we ran out of food by 11:45. Between 11 and 12, I met with Alice Brown and Rick Pickering planning a strategy that would encourage Lanny and Ida to get back into the pattern of coming to church. With their cooperation we are hoping for a return on Sunday. This idea needs some prayer time. It's been 4 months since we've seen them at church. I stayed with Sue Hirshman's grandchildren for about an hr in the afternoon between school dismissal and Ann's arriving at home. Then Farmers Mkt. at church and a meal with neighborhood folks and CHOIR PRACTIVE. It's great to see everyone again. Our musical selections this year are well planned to fit into the service. Sunday, it's Devotion by John Ness Beck with words I am thine O Lord, I have heard thy voice, and it told thy love to me. And I long to rise in the arms of faith and be closer drawn to Thee.
And also it's Lord I want to be a Christine all sort of woven together in Devotion.
Today...working with my 7 volunteers getting North Notes ready for the mail and then a visit with Ida and then back to church to unpack a shippment of food for Bread and Bowl. Wow...Friday night football with the COLTS and a bowl of popcorn. That's the cherry and whipped cream on top of the milkshake for me. The day will be over.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment