Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Woo! Woo!

I am so excited so I thought a second blog for today was just fine.
Today was major throw out...not up...morning. The mood stayed with me through two huge garbage bags full of stuff for the trash can and another bag full of stuff for a women's shelter that I will deliver tomorrow. Yeah! But...my little room still could make more contributions to something. Most of this stuff came out of the closet. It's gone! The stuff that is and not the closet. Early afternoon was spent with Ida and Lanny Price members of our church who were beaten up in their home in April. They now are in an assisted living facility. Ida received major brain damage and Lanny was beaten but no brain damage. I have visited with them every Tuesday since they were able to receive visitors in June. It's such a sad story for two wonderful people. Ida is 80 and Lanny is 84. The guy that did this is in jail, caught after he had found his 5th victom who could identify him, all victoms living in his neighborhood. He wanted money but he took much more from a lot of people. Ida and I went shopping at the drug store. She loved it. Lanny and Ida were both choir members for at least 30 years and Ida sat beside me in church for most of those years. I ended the afternoon staying with two little girls until their mother came home from work. The girls grandmother is a good friend not back from the lake so I'm helping grandmother out for two weeks. One more day. GIRLS!!!! The fourth grade girl is really something that makes me happy to have had easy going boys. One hour of her is one hour that is way to long. Tomorrow morning is my volunteer time to work at the front desk at church. Loved the Truman story! What a dog.

1 comment:

Brother Cassian said...

I am glad that you explained what happened to the Prices -- you had mentioned them in an earlier posting. What a horrible thing -- and, you are right that the thug took so much more than money.

I think the Truman story is almost unbeatable. But I think the true star is Kimmy -- what a cleaner she is! I have been thinking about Truman a lot and have left another message on their blog -- suggesting that they may need to start mixing cotton balls into Truman's dog food.

I hope you had an interesting morning -- we had a little retreat today. We watched a video of a panel discussing Jesus (Richard Rohr, Dwight Allen Callahan, and Huston Smith); then we spent some time sharing our responses. Four of our five observers will be leaving this weekend, so we will have a BRIEF spell with only the 3 novices and 1 observer. But some more observers are due to come along soon.