Wednesday, August 29, 2007
A variety...
Today it was a variety of things that occupied my day. I got to church this morning around 8 am. I watered the flowers in the west entrance among other things and then opened the desk at 9am. First guy in...Bird Man. He comes to B and B and often is as drunk as a skunk and hard to deal with but when he is sober he's a great guy. It appears that he has been in jail and now needs to do community service. If he doesn't it's back to jail. He "worked" at church for 2 hours yesterday. I told him to come back at 10 when our administrator was in to see about work. Well, he didn't come back. Answered a bunch of phone calls. Friday is the day to mail North Notes so I did all the prayer inserts to 780 N. N. I worked till 1 and then got things ready for B and B tomorrow, checked on the supplies for Sunday's hospitality hour...talked to Rick P about the Prices, cleaned up in the parlor and out the door by 3:30. Made supper and then off to Meijers for lettuse for B and B tomorrow and to Office Depot for a few things to make some rather large posters for the UMOJA project to hang in the west entrance in Sept. This is a new mission outreach in Western Kenya with orphan and vunerable children in that area. Well...99% of the children are vunerable because of AIDS/HIV deaths of parents. It's a program that is supported by 10 other churches in the Indy area. We also are awaiting a grant of 2.1 million from the government. This is big. So...it's education time for the church. That's my day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Busy worthwhile day.
Post a Comment