Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Outside again and again.

Yup...outside again.  House didn't get attention...Not sad!   Having fun.  Added more rocks to the rock garden around the little fish pond.  All the rocks come from the great lady Lake Superior.  Spent my gift certificate at Rosie's nursery..Hum...50 bucks.  I was putting plants on the cart and told Doug...I think this is close to 50.  Let's go check....Well...it was 49.35.  What a good laugh.  They are in the ground now and looking great.  Today I worked on the Herb garden.  Weeds were coming up so I really did some digging and scratching and used some Preen for weeds not to come!   I've also been working on pulling ivy and other vines.  Woo...that's a bad one for the back.  Filled another bin for the garbage truck.  That is so hard on my back but plants left in beds do look a bit happier. .  Morning glory/zinnia/basil/parsley/lettuce...all up and growing.  Nights are still cool.  Tomorrow soup kitchen/choir.  Today met the dentist at 8 am.  Had fun with the boys this morning.  This afternoon took some Lambs Ear plants to a good church friend who loves to garden and she gave me an unusual fern.  Hope I can keep it alive.  Stopped at a nursery on the way home.  Humm...funny how my driving trips take me past places to buy plants.  Onward and upward. 

No comments: