Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Tuesday number 2
I took my flower garden quilt top to be quilted at a new friends house. Man...I'm green with envy or something like that. She has quilted for years and has a room that is bigger than our living,dining and kitchen room conbinded for her stuff. Then she opened double doors which I thought would lead to a closet. Well, NO closet but another room lined with shelves from floor to ceiling with shelves filled with fabric. Then there was a quilt wall where one puts quilt patches to help design quilts. Oh, well, I'm way to old to think that I could make good use of all that stuff. So...came home and moved tables, and more stuff around in my quilt room. Swept, dusted and I'm just fine with the memories of the morning. But it was something to see for sure. I'm sure she's not the only one with all this stuff. I forgot to mention that she also has a long armed quilting machine that would fit nicely into our two car garage in her space. She said that when shopping for houses they looked at over 100 to find one that would work for her. Uck! Not my style for sure. Really...If I'm thinking correctly...my money goes to other things of what I conside of more importance. She majors in fabric...I minor in fabric. But...I was impressed with how nice everything looked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment