Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday evening

This has been the craziest week.  I feel like I'm squeezing every minute out with something to do that is out of the normal routine.  After that Tuesday 9 pm haircut Wed. started.  It was work at the church desk till 11:50.  Then off to SEM's to shop for toys and educational stuff.  Home by 5 and then off to sister MK for supper with Stephen and Patty Kim.  Thursday started with a gas trip, a Sun. morning Hospitality Trip and a Walmart Trip for Lettuce at 7 am.  Then Soup Kitchen till 12 and then on to SEM's to start packing leaving her house at 5:15 in time for Stake and Shake and then to Choir practice.  This morning started with trips to 3 Walmarts looking for trunks to load stuff for Eldoret.  Out of the drive at 7 am.  Then back to SEM's by 9 am to start packing.  We made a huge, huge dent in the job.  Feels so good.  Had friend Kathy O. join us and we worked big time, filling, labeling recording contents, weighing trunks, closing trunks,,,repacking trunks.  That's the nature of the game.  Six trunks are filled with approximately 700 stuffed animals used for Xmas gifts on the wards. Another 10 are filled with toys, office supplies, art supplies, things to make a wonderful Thanksgiving event for American's living in Eldoret and more.  Woo...some trunks weigh near 70 and some near 50 depending on how they will travel to Eldoret. We finished around 2 this afternoon.   So...the day has been very worthwhile and will make a difference for children in Eldoret.  Sarah Ellen and Joe are on the road again Monday for another week in N. C. at Duke and Wake Forest, back here Sun. evening and then on to Eldoret early Tuesday morning.  So...trunks needed to be finished EARLY.  Gosh...I miss them already.  Did some house cleaning this afternoon.  Tomorrow morning we're having breakfast with Stephen, Patty and MK and Phil and then S. and P are coming for a late lunch.  We'll have our usual Panera run later in the evening and then on to next week.  Woo...Life is full and I love it when I feel I'm keeping up with all of it and making a positive difference for someone.  !!!!

No comments: