Monday, October 29, 2012

Cloudy Monday

Moving things around.  Last Sat. Doug and I moved the twin bed back to it's owner.  We used it about 2 years ago when Regina was with us and now that the O'Neills are in a bigger house with a little girl, the bed needed to go back home.  That meant that the computer room needed to have some changes made and that happened.  So...now all three rooms in the upper level has had some attention making them all look a little better and a little different. 

Yesterday was a great music day at North.  Yum, yum.  Lots of Mark Hayes that can be heard on the North United Meth. web site.  It was WONDERFUL but crazy busy.  Then we had lunch with Joseph from Kenya with two other couples.  What fun.  Back home and football time but I slept through so much but did catch some important game changing events.  I always fall asleep Sun. afternoons.  Manning's Denver and Giants won as well as the COLTS So...it was a good football night in America.  Then lots of wakeful moments...bummer.  This morning I changed out my drawers of clothes from summer to winter, filled bags with stuff that needed to be delivered to various places and then off on the road to do that.  Some wonderful news.  My quilt...first long armed   quilter said I needed  to do lots of trimming...the second long armed quilter said...NO more trimming needed.  Woo...the trimming would have taken months.  So...I'm on the calendar for the second long armed quilter which should happen in about 6 months.  I can wait.  Didn't want to spend time trimming.  Dah.  Long armed quilting business is healthy.  Second opinions are good.  All the bags of stuff are gone to their rightful places. 

In two weeks I'm helping a friend at a bazaar at Sec. Presb. Church.  All the money will go to the Umoja project in western Kenya.  So...this afternoon I'm making three Colt hats that I hope will bring some money to the project.  I have other stuff as well that I'm happy to move on. 

Tonight Doug and I will go to the Mamlins and load trunks on the truck.  Doug will deliver them tomorrow morning to the airport, that is if they are flying out.  It seems the airline business could be changed a bit with Sandy.  Hope it doesn't hurt them. 

Tomorrow morning Noah is coming while Kat does some volunteer work at Andrew's school.  It will be an interesting morning for sure. 

No comments: