This Wed. I did not work at church but I certainly worked much harder here at home. Woo...I'm bushed. It started with the thought that the stove needed cleaning. Well, really the whole kitchen needed cleaning. I finished the last of 4 candles for Advent and no matter how careful I am...wax gets everywhere when I'm candle making. So...the stove was an utter mess. Health board would have closed me down. So...it was scrub, scrub and scrub some more. I tore the whole top of the stove apart and then decided that if I did an oven cleaning the drip pans and rings could go in the oven. So...I did that. Then it was on to the counter tops which have been neglected far to long and then the table with mail stacked and that got uncovered and I changed the placemats...got out the pumpkin and got it lit, brought some beautiful flowers in and then finally on to the floor. I would love to say I cleaned out all the cupboards but that's another day. OOps...started the day on the sewing machine. So relaxing. Then it was putting fans away which means taking them apart and washing all the dirt out of them. Neighbors grand children are visiting from Denver so Anna and Alley came over and we made headbands together. Judy brought apples so Anna and Ally and I made a pie and it's baking in the Armstrong oven. Doug and I went to Long John Silvers for a greasy lunch meal. My choice but one of those meals will do me for the next 10 years or more. So now it's 7pm. Wish football were on tonight.
The goal now is to get the fans put in the closet but the closet needs cleaning out. One thing leads to another for sure. Doug had his preop check up today ready for shoulder surgery early Friday morning. Tomorrow is soup kitchen and a lunch at Doris Douglas house, then choir practice tomorrow evening. Looks like there will be no minutes to do much here.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment