Thursday, October 27, 2011

Already Thursday

Well, lots of fun this week. It started on Monday with shopping with SEM. That was a hoot. Always is and always will be. Tuesday was doctor day with Doug. Once again we heard that the tear was huge. We have pictures that only doctors can really talk about but make us curious about what we're seeing. Lots of repairs for sure. Doug has exercises that must be done. It brings back memories for me remembering how difficult they were to do after surgery. Doug is finding out the same. We're back to the doc in 4 weeks. The arm continues to be in a sling for that whole amount of time reminding us that this was a huge tear as discribed by John the doc assistant. Doug tried to sleep in bed last night but found that impossible. Yesterday I got my scissors sharpened. That's a big yahoo. The difficulty is finding someone to sharpen. I took a lot of receipts to church to get reimbursed. Then to the garden shop to buy two holly bushes we will use on the altar at church during Advent. Something different and not Poinsettias. Enough of them for this year at least. We'll see what the complaints are. I'm sure I will hear. Could be dangerous but I'll chose not to listen! Then home for a bit and then on to SEM's to pack trunks for Kenya. We ended up with 11. It was a birthday day for her and we had another hoot afternoon. It's toys...office supplies...kitchen stuff...holiday stuff...craft stuff for the children...medicine...some books...crayons...and more. All needed, used and much loved. I did a sub job once again for bells. Woo...busy week. Doug mentioned that it was nice I stopped in for supper! I'm thinking about that statement. Well, he read all day so did he miss me? This morning is soup kitchen and the end of the month. We will be busy with enough stuff to keep 6 people busy preparing for the 11 o'clock hr. This afternoon is the Y...a trip to the fabric store for a great sale and then thinking and planning 3 wall hangings for the treatment rooms for children at Moi University just outside the Sally Test room. Should be lots of fun. Choir tonight. Doug plans to go. He can drive now but needs to make a few concessions with turning on lights, turn signals and seat belts. But...it's doable. He's going to heart rehab this morning but will just use the treadmill/bike. No weights for a long time. Life goes on. That's it from Carmel.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Well, it sounds pretty good.

I am glad that Doug is healing -- the tear keeps getting bigger and bigger in your reports. Wow! I am eager to hear more about how it actually happened!

LR said...

There is a story...Copper Harbor.