Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Rainy Wed.
Cold and wet today. The weather is changing. Doug continues to do well. That means he's not doing much but probably could do more. But the doc did say he must be very careful with his shoulder to prevent another tear. Doug is in compliance for sure. No pain medicine since Sunday except for Tylenol. My latest project has been candle making for Advent. I think I'm finished for this year. I've had my fill of wax messes. 4 new 2 ft. blue candles, for the sanctuary. We already have a pink and white 2 ft. plus candle. 1 pink and 1 white fat candle to use along with 3 short blue candles for the Advent Festival and a host of little votive candles to take care of all the services during Advent and Christmastide. That's off the list. Yahoo. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a friend and we are going to put together the quilt that I'm making for Eli. Should be fun but in this case the more hands to do the putting together...the better. Then I'll start quilting with the sewing machine. Today Ruth S brought me jars of buttons and ric rac. Fun stuff for sure. My stash of buttons is getting low and it 's great to have a new supply. Lots of neat old and new buttons. Subbing for handbells tonight. One more thing that I really don't need but bell subs are almost impossible to get. This is it for a while. We did some visual arts work Tuesday changing banners, creating some fall arrangements for different places in the church and putting together two huge Christmas wreaths in blue and white and gold to hang at the back of the church. The rest will be blue Christmas banners and some arrangements on the altar along with the large candles at the front of the church. Easy and done! At least that's what I'm hoping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment