Friday, October 14, 2011

Very eventful two days

Thursday was another busy soup kitchen day. Rickie was out of it and I needed to sit with him so the other folks were not scared of him. He was seeing someone and was quite mad at them...I told him to pick up his fork and eat...Humm...there is somewhere a story about pick up your bed and walk. Then it was off to lunch at Doris Douglas house with some other very delightful ladies. The food was yummy for sure. Then off to the market to pick up huge mum pots for the altar this Sunday and next. Doris always has her house decorated so beautifully so I decided to up the stuff I had done at church a few more degrees. I can do better. Then...home for wonderful bean soup and then off to church for choir.

This morning Doug had his rotator cuff fixed. He was a bit nervous about it although he didn't want to say the same. But actions speak louder than words. The repair was much more complicated than thought but the Doc said it was completed. Doug should be wearing a sling for 4 to 6 weeks. The doc. had talked about a 2 week sling time so that's changed a bit. He must be very careful not to tear it again. I hope he will follow doctors orders. Right now the nerve block is working but that should end around supper. Then it's on to big time pain pills.

I'm getting boxes, suitcases, clothes etc. moved around to make life a little easier for winter. The weather has been perfect. The flower garden is unbelievable beautiful. Monarchs are still here. I love having cut flowers in the house. Such a good close up of what is available for cutting.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I hope all goes well with Doug's recovery. Perhaps the pain pills will give some interesting visions of his own -- let's hope they are pleasant! Does he have any special exercise equipment? I think Don had a thing to use when he was recovering from shoulder surgery (I think it was rotator cuff repair that he had done, too). It was a cool thing that manipulated the shoulder -- he had to do it fairly frequently, if I remember correctly. Anyway, he did just what the doctor told him to do and recovery was very smooth.