Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunny Monday

Well, today was a hoot. It was busy, busy and started with a trip to church to hang new bannersand water flowers and then I spent almost the entire rest of the day with Sarah Ellen. We shopped in 8 stores...I'm always the driver and my little car was full almost to the roof. We started at 10:30 and finished around 4 purchasing a card load of stuff to send back to Kenya. Wed. afternoon is packing day. This happens every time SEM comes home. Lots of time to talk in the car. It was two happy ladies having a great time together. Yesterday at church it was the best music ever. Such a wonderful up lifting message through lots of music about caring for the earth among other things. We became whales if you can believe that. Well, almost. We sang both services. Hospitality time continues to be fast and full meeting the need of allowing folks to gather from the four corners of our city and counties around. Sarah Ellen and Bob Einternz did a Kenya talk during the 9:45 hour in fellowship hall. Joe was called back to Kenya to meet some important folks like the US ambassador who has something to do with funding. Good for him I guess perhaps but bummer for us. Colts lost big time...Boo Hoo. Way to many things went wrong. The sewing machine continues to hum. I made 5 bibs yesterday as well as some fabric baskets earlier in the week. The quilt is finished and I think will travel to Georgia with us. I'd love to see the boys playing on this one unless I send it earlier to Michigan. Tomorrow morning Doug sees the surgeon. He continues to do well, taking little medication for pain. We'll hear about therapy tomorrow I hope. He is keeping it in a sling at all times and is in compliance. We hit Steak and Shake for Supper. Doug's favorite but almost becoming my least favorite place to eat. No diversity. Doug doesn't mind that for sure. He eats the same thing for years!!! Not me. Now on to Monday night football. I hope to see a good game.

No comments: