There are so many ups and downs happening in Kenya right now. The story still evolves and will probably continue in the weeks and probably months ahead. It's such a rest for the mind when thinking about other things. I do that from time to time. I was given boxes of already cut quilting fabric. Such fun. I've used a bunch already just sewing and sewing and making pretty patterns. And I have another bib order to fill. I'll try to get on that this afternoon. That's more relaxation for the brain.
Yesterday was a huge work day at church. Christmas is back in the box. What a relief. We did extra cleaning up and while working in one room, I got my feet all tangled up in cushions that are a part of a prayer kneeler. That took me right down face first on the carpet not in the kneeling position. The sad part of this is that I landed on my almost good shoulder and now it's my very bad shoulder. I am so dissapointed this happened. I know what a rotater cuff injury is and I think I have a new one. It feels exactly like the right shoulder before it was fixed. I can just hear one of my mom's speeches about slowing down and being more careful. I'm staying on top of this one. I've heard from JB already about safety concerns. I guess that's my mother coming through in a voice that is alive.
I'm working at the church desk this morning. It's a dull, gray, rainy day in Carmel.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment