It's VERY cold today. But with warm clothes zero is not real bad. Yesterday I did some sewing. It's really great that the fabric shop is about 2 miles from home. I often think of ladies who buy fabric and don't use it. Seems to be such a waste of something really nice. I don't buy unless I have a plan. Tomorrow is a big sale and I'm buying a few nice colorful buttons half price. Church was really, really good today. Great music and very good sermon about seeing as Jesus would, deeper into people instead of just on the surface. Our organist is so gifted and does such beautiful music. It's such a gift to us. Most of the time people sit quietly after the closing prayer and do not leave the sanctuary until after the postlude. Hospitality time is just flying along. Lots of good pastries today, great coffee and the room was full most of the morning.
Football this afternoon. It's not going well for my team. So...I'm doing the blog. Green Bay will be colder than @#$%#@. I would love to see Bret F. win the Souper Bowl but I really am rooting for Eli. So...who ever winds will be fine.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is SO COLD here in Georgia. It has been below freezing for several days here (in the mornings). Brrrrrrr! (Remember, guys, not all of our rooms -- the refectory, the chapter room, the church -- have heat. Well, the church has a heat source that works when you are standing RIGHT NEAR the vent.)
I just sent Lela an e-mail telling her that our Trappist monastery in Kenya, Our Lady of Victoria, in Kipelion, is surrounded by a gang of Kisii youths. About 600 Kikuyu have taken refuge in the monastery. Since last Thursday the men have surrounded the community, threatening violence. The situation is worsening.
Post a Comment