Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday evening

Wow...the morning brought the end of sleep at 4:15 am. Just really on edge about the Root Canal. Well, this is how it went. I got in the chair at 8:00...A little stick after some local stuff rubbed on the gum to make the stick more unnoticable. Then the head phones, the gas producer, the warm blanket along with the neck pillow and eye protection. My mouth stayed open with some great blocks of some sort and I just layed back and didn't have a bother in the world. And I survived in great fashion. The music was as loud as it could go and I heard a whole bunch of Mozart. That's the way to have a root canal. I'm such a wimp. I loved that gas. Wooo. Home by 10am. I spent the rest of the day in the chair watching T. Kennedy among others and sleeping even though I had coffee in hand. I was really happy to loaf. Yesterday I finished the two Campolo books and now finally have my Dissident Discipleship. It's a good one for sure. Reading for tomorrow evening's discussion. This chapter is about spirituality and community. There is a great example of community with a barn raising story taking place in Holmes Co. Tomorrow morning is North Notes preparation for mailing. It shouldn't take to long because of all the work I did on Friday. Then I'm pulling together all the Lent visual arts items that are going up Sun. after church.

My bag is 80% packed for Mexico.

I did get a package in the mail for Jacob. I love to send surprises.

No comments: