Saturday, September 30, 2017

Servant Day.

Today...Saturday was servant day for many churches in Indianapolis.  About 40 folks from church fanned out to different sites to work on projects that were identified for the day.  Well...where did I go?  North's Soup Kitchen.  A bunch of new folks from church came to work and they seemed to enjoy the experience and it might be a go for this group of people when there are 5 Sat. in the month.  We had fun...worked hard and made a difference for neighborhood folks.  Then...where did I go.  Yup...Last Chance Goodwill.  This time...found yards of brown wool never used for anything.  Two wool skirts...one Pendleton Wool.  And then a stop at another store and found a wool blanket for 5.99.  Better and bigger...could be a queen size, than the one we have on the bed..So...I' adding an old blue wool blanket to the tub of wool.  Got some washing to do.  Could be a second rug coming.  Tomorrow will be a very busy Sunday at church.  Of course Hospitality time getting pastries ready for the morning.  We arrive at 7 to start the morning.  Singing both services, Taking new members on a tour of the church at 9:45 and a 10:20 choir rehearsal and then a committee meeting at 5 in the afternoon.    There is NO time to get into trouble. I hope I am at the right place at the right time. 

No comments: