Wednesday, September 20, 2017

It's Wednesday.

Since I wrote...
Humm...Monday.  :Oh, yes   Spent lunch with the girls.  We really had good talk and great food.  Rest of the day was sort of forgotten.  Humm...could be age and then could not be age.  My teacher friends say is it NOT age.  Tues...went to church and changed some of the stuff.  Ate a horrible meal at Soup Kitchen.  Those cooking folks are lazy.  No salad and no veg.  To lazy to make it and it's so easy.  Took one of my neighborhood buddy friends to the drug store to get him some ointment and band aids for a really, really badly infected finger.  Woo...he's been sick, in bed and I think the infection in this finger might have been the cause.  He said his whole hand was swollen.  Then to last change Goodwill.  Woo...sort of jack pot...picked up three wool new sport coats.  Guess those folks who shop at Goodwill don't have office jobs.  And I found a wool army blanket.  What a great find.  So...that leads to my bucket list.  I think braided wool rugs are just about the most beautiful eye candy around.  So...last week I got out my container of wool and started to braid after reading books.  And now the rug is about 15 inches across.  It's lying on the table and waiting for the lacing thread that I purchased on line.  Nothing found around here.  All that stuff comes from the New England states where braiding is king.  or maybe queen.  So waiting to lace meaning sewing the braids together.  It's really not sewing but lacing the loops together.  I learned something.  So today...getting more wool ready to braid  Lots of tearing strips.  SO!!!! To my few readers.  Send me your 100% wool.  Yes...I know...folks don't wear much wool these days.  I'll take the garment or blanket apart...wash it...tear it in strips ready to braid. Braid and lace and wallah...a rug.  And...color.  I don't care what color.  My next bucket thing is to learn how to dye wool.  The word is that it takes the dye very easily.  Humm...what's coming?  Google.  I think my Xmas list will include any old wool.  That is if I get asked what my Xmas list includes.

No comments: