Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thurs.afternoon.

Soup kitchen was good today.  Lots of great men who came for a meal  stayed to visit with other friends.  I love it when things are calm and good conversations are happening.  We had Greek pasta from Sec. Helpings.  Yum, Something new and the men loved it.  I made my favorite salad dressing BECAUSE...I can use sour cream and chives!!!!  And that was a favorite also.  So for most of the morning I could call it good.  Our mentally unhealthy lady Veronica was with us.  So sad to see her without medication which is most of the time.  She is just a bit wild.  And..Cedric who has a drinking problem was taken to the hospital this morning to sober up.  That's another so sad person.  So...I call the morning a blessed one for all who are impacted by our feeding program.  Yesterday was also a productive morning spending it at church to clean out and clean up the food pantry.  Food items get placed in the pantry by well meaning folks.  Some things we can use but most we can't.  So the morning agenda was to clean out...and move food we can't use to where it can be used like the Mid north Food Pantry that services many folks in our area during the month.  It's located at St. Richards Episcopal . Church.  Other food can be used by our senior group that meets each wed at North.  And some hit the dumpster.  So...it's a new day in the pantry with food that meets our needs which have changed a great deal since we no longer serve soup.  It's a space we can be proud of.  I am on a cleaning jig.  Home and church so watch out.  I'm deadly.  I continue to knit booty slippers..  Love it a bunch.  And if I don't sell them I'll give them away.  They just make me smile sitting on the table all by themselves.  Tonight is choir practice.  Love singing with my friends...some of them being more than 40 year friends.  We've traveled many miles together sharing experiences along the way.  Tomorrow is kids day.  I've got to get thinking about...what to do that they want to do.

No comments: