Saturday, February 16, 2013
The week went somewhere
This week we spiffed up the church for Lent. Banners got hung, purple flower decorated crosses got hung, the gold cross in the choir loft got it's purple drape. The west entrance table theme is prayer with lots of different items like Tibetan prayer flags on a curly tree branch, praying hands, prayer shawl, Catholic prayer beads, etc. etc. Such fun to pull stuff together. Makes me remember my bulletin board teaching days. I was at church just about every day and I think the spaces are ready. Rather do something every day instead of doing a one day killer day. Wed. I worked at the front desk, bells that evening. Thursday was B and B and Choir as usual. I took Friday off...Joke, Joke!!! This week I also finished up the sewing project of flannel baby blankets and have sent 10 on their way to Eldoret, Mother and Baby Hospital. Thank you Cindy for the fabric. I also have made a few wine bags (30 to add to the 20 of a week or so ago)to send to Georgia to be used in the book store at the monastery. So...staying busy for sure. Today...sewing, watching I U basketball and then our usual run to Panera tonight for pastries for church tomorrow. Still keeping a sleeping/awake log. I'm convinced that I'll flunk the test on Tuesday night. I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat watching TV in the morning. Maybe that's why I'm sewing most of the time. Sleepy head today and other days as well. .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment