Sunday, June 10, 2012
Woo...two weeks
Can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted. Guess I've been way to busy to think about the blog. Since I wrote, Sarah Ellen and Elsie and the 4 Duke interns have all left the states and are back in Kenya. We had a birthday dinner for Eric early because of other stuff going on. The gardens are looking pretty spiffy but we are having a long dry spell so the watering continues every day. I'm determined to get these little plants going. We lost so many because of the drift that occurred when the lawn guys sprayed for weeds. And...now it's deer season. It's the luck of the gardener to say the least. We've eaten lettuce, radishes and onions already. Squash and melons and the pumpkin are growing well. S. Corn is up but the beans are taking a beating from the deer along with some of the flowers. GRRRRR. Busy weekend at church. Two of our ministers were ordained Sat. morning which Doug and I attended along with a bunch of other North folks. Today was big reception time in Fellowship Hall for both of them and much to my delight I went as a spectator. Wonderful, wonderful We also attended a graduation open house for our ministers son Joe. Wed. I set up a huge traveling display of minister's stoles from many denominations in our chapel and tomorrow that all needs to be packed up and sent on it's way. So...much to do. Hopefully then Tues. Wed. and Thursday I'll be in northern Indiana and the Grand Rapids area with cousin Ada. So...that's the diary for this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment