Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

It's Memorial Day and I didn't do much that would say I was celebrating the day.  In fact...watered the flowerbeds, pulled up some going to be dead plants...thanks to the man who sprayed for weeds in the yard.  There must have been a strong wind.  Watered the garden.  Went to a good sale at Hancock Fabrics and got a few things.  Then eventually I got to to SEM's house to pack trunks.  This was to be the final push.  That means...filling and weiging now 13 trunks to the max of 50 pounds, labeling the trunks with three different labels, listing what is in each trunk numbering the trunks so that I know which ones to send when I can find people to take them ,attaching the content list and then closing the lid.  SEM needs to do the last two things but did we work?  You bet.  Hot and sweaty day to pack, weigh, move and label to get the trunks on their way.  SEM is taking 4 trunks with her on Wed.  Son Burke will take 1 and that leaves 8 to move on to other people asap.   
Neighbor Judy invited us for supper.  What a treat.  A little wine, beef tips and veg. on the gril, a great salad, fresh fruit and icecream with a great little fancy cookies for desert.  After the busy afternoon it was a great supper.  I sat in a chair and let Doug and Judy put stuff in front of me. 

Yesterday was crazy...Went to get SEM at the airport at 10:40 am after a busy morning at church fixing altar flowers...hospitality...with only Doug and I working.  Others were sick.  Then out to the airport...waited for SEM...called her on the phone and she was on a hospital tour in Baltimore.  Well, she hadn't indicated if it was am or pm and I didn't think to ask and ofcourse it was pm.  Really surprised about the evening arrivals of many planes.  Just another story about us doing stuff.  Life is an adventure.

We talked about her Wed. departure to Kenya and we got the time right!  I HOPE!  Arrive at the airport at 9:30 am.  Since she is taking 4 trucks...Doug will take the truck to the airport and I will take SEM and her carry on. 

Tomorrow there is a meeting of a few folks who are pursuing plans to provide some steady financial support for the Sally Test program.  I certainly am a newbe to this sort of program.  Don't think I'll do more than dip my toe in this project. 

Back to the Heat Celts game. 

No comments: