Friday, June 15, 2012

5 days later

Woo...lots of fun stuff to report.  Monday I went with neighbor Judy to the south to her garden club tour.  We saw two of the finest perfect house gardens and the third site being the rock garden and butterfly garden at Holiday Park.  We had a lovely lunch at the third garden given by the two guys who own the house/garden.  One loves to cook and the other loves to garden.  Lots of huge rocks, beech trees and wonderful plantings of just about every kind of plant grown in Indy.  Then Tues afternoon...off to see cousin Ada in Goshen Indiana.  We had supper at the South Side Soda Shop.  Then Wed. we left for the Meijers Gardens in Grand Rapids.  What a wonderful treat.  So many huge sculptures, wonderful plants, children's garden and great wet lands.  We spent the whole day there looking and walking and more looking.  I'm sure there is something on line about the place.  Thurs. morning we headed out to fabric stores and I found some wonderful batiks.    It was home in the afternoon and then off to the choir picnic.  Lots of good food, good talk with good friends.  So nice to have unhurried time to just listen and talk and eat.  Today I decided that the shade garden needed some help.  It has been asking for that for a few years and I decided on what I needed to do that wouldn't take a week to change.  So...we moved a huge iron kettle to the back from the front yard, planted it with perennials and tomorrow I'll add 4 small hostas and a fern to the shade garden.  Some unwanted things have moved into that area so I did a lot of tearing out of stuff that is over and needed to move on.  We're also catching chipmunks and moving them on to chipmunk heaven.  They are horribly distructive in flower pots completely tearing them apart.  Sunday morning we will be especially busy at hospitality with breakfast for 45 kids and adults leaving for ASP.  Then it's on to the old folks who are doing part of the service.  They have asked for a pick me up between services so we'll do what we usually do and add a bit of fruit.  That should carry them through.  We have a bit of extra help for the morning.  I'll do some setting up for that tomorrow so Sunday won't be so crazy. 

1 comment:

Fantom of Richardson said...

Very happy that you don't work for the Indianapolis Zoo!! Poor wildlife