It's been a very interesting week for Indy. The city is buzzing big time with just tons of excitement. I didn't get down town but I don't think I missed much staying home. Last night had it's own excitement with outdoor entertainment crowds packing so tightly together . Streets were overflowing and more were closed to traffic to accommodate the crowd. It's been unusually warm. But today there is a big damp nip in the air. Should force people to do more inside eating which should really help the restaurants. There seems to be food carts everywhere for outside eating. Huge posters are everywhere. One new hotel is completely covered. I'm sure that will be shown on TV at some point. It's not unusual to see fleets of buses cruising the streets bring people in from far and near. Also I spotted big RV's parked at the shopping centers.
I continue to sew baby dolls for Moe Hospital to give to children who are needing to go to the "horrible" treatment rooms. 60 now are completed and I've found another person who wants to sew so now there are three sewing machines turning out babies. I've also found a way to get them to Kenya by April 1. Yahoo. I'll just keep on rolling. Simple easy project to bring a soft squeezable comfort item to a child receiving treatment. There will be as usual a trip to the bakery tonight to get pastries for hospitality time at church tomorrow. I'm singing first service with the quartet and with the choir sec. service...home and then it's Super Bowl time...Go Giants. Quilt patches still are waiting and that's fine. 40 are finished. Need 80 to start work on a quilt top. It will take for ever how ever long that is.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment