I'm feeling a little slow today...I think it's the let down after such a huge Sunday celebration and the realization that we're moving to another place at church. It will be good but boy...Kevin was the best. I was part of a committee effort to get him to North which was a huge deal with the bishop who informed us that it would NOT be Kevin. Lots of work...lots of stress but we did it and Kevin has been such a blessing in so many ways moving North on to a better place. So...time to let go for now and get on with Darren's coming in March. This time between feels like no man's land.
So...today I'm planning to catch the bus to downtown Indy to see what's going on. It's party week in Indy. Should be fun and hopefully a mindchanger. Started something new yesterday in the sewing room. I have 40 flower garden patches finished...need 80 and then that's just the beginning of making about an estimated 700 hexogons to put the quilt top together. So...needed a break and now I'm making dolls for little Kenyan girls who are receiving treatment at Moe Un. Referral and Teaching Hospital. Black dolls are almost impossible to find so I decided that it's time to get at sewing dolls. Friend doll maker Mary is also going to get in on the project. I figured out how to do a simple not quite flat 9 inch doll made from fleece. It's almost all sewing machine work with the exception of the face so getting to at least 100 dolls should be possible. With the hope of shipping them to Kenya in May should give us time to charge ahead. Boys who receive treatment are getting matchbox cars that we collected last year. The most common reason children are hospitalized is for burns. Fires are used to cook on and families find it difficult to keep their children from the fire. Treatment is long and painful. So with a long standing doll request from Sarah Ellen, the sewing machine will be birthing baby dolls.
The weather is quite warm. Bright sunny days and warm breezes will make the downtown experience just a bunch of fun.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment