Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bushed in Carmel.

Busy, busy two days. Today is FAT Tuesday...Tomorrow Lent so...the green is gone at church and the purple is everywhere. Lots of new ways to decorate for Lent. What a blast. Church people should recognize that something new is going on. Yesterday I spent the day at church putting out banners...thinking, thinking and doing some more and getting ready for my two good friends Donald and Alan to come in and work today with ladder climbing. They are two great people who both have a great vision for church visuals. Alan is a retired church oraganist. Just fun to work with. So...what I wasn't sure of they came through with lots of ideas. I love purple on beautiful gray stone. Just really gives everything a punch. The sanctuary is finished...the east hall is finished...the west entrance area is finished the chapel has a touch. I used LOTS of fishing net in lots of places. We have a good number of great Lent visual pieces to use.
And...5 parables are being used during Lent and there are some visuals for those as well.

Quilt patches continue...I'm up to 79...need 81 patches and then it's 10 half patches and then...it's put together time. That will be a LONG time. Still going to the Y and treadmill for 30 minutes each week day. My left knee doesn't like it AT ALL. What a bummer. I'm not to surprised that it's wearing out just like the right one did. I've inherited Pop's knees. Bummer again. I'm also headed to the foot surgeon on Friday. HOpe to learn why my left foot hurts. It's been complaining for about 2 months. Maybe they are both related to each other. I'm taking time for the foot now and the knee needs to wait till fall. Humm...hope that works.

Sunday afternoon Doug and I are leaving for a time in Georgia with Doug's brother Dee. He is making his final vows in the 5 year process of becoming a monk at Conyers Georgia just south east of Atlanta. We are taking two days to drive arriving Mon. afternoon and then leaving again probably Thursday sometime heading back to Indy. Brother Rick also will be with us. Great family time. It's time to get out of Dodge and look for spring. I'm sure we'll find it. The trip can be made with a LONG drive in one day but it's so nice just to mozy along. We took a lot of back roads coming home from Ga. at Thanksgiving time. Saw a LOT of things. Woo...the traffic should be much better...NO thanksgiving traffic. That's just the worst.

Tonight is Fat Tuesday dinner at North...tomorrow is front desk work and handbells, Thursday is soup kitchen day and choir. Same old same old as JB would say. So glad to have Lent on the way.

No comments: